Friday, June 9, 2017

Good Vibe Friday!

Good Friday to Y'all! I am not sure if you've been checking out the Power Poppy blog on Tuesdays but yours truly is hosting a new color challenge of sorts! It's where we find inspiration in real life and put those colors into card making play!


This past Tuesday's little color exploration features a favorite of Ms. Marcella's! Just set your sights on this little firecracker on two wheels below!


If you didn't know it, Marcella's beau, Doug, loves to fix up vintage bikes. If you scroll through Marce's Ista-stream, man-oh-man you see the passion those two have -- and the soirees that they organize -- all for the love of the vintage bike! So, I thought it especially fitting since Marce just celebrated a birthday yesterday (she's not 46 -- she's forty-sassy!), that we'd honor this little number in this week's Hues to Use! Check-check-check-ity it out! So grab those shades of firecracker red, electric yellow and go-go green --- and get to creating!

On to my creation! On Tuesday, I shared how summers are such a busy time for my family. My daughter plays travel softball and when Tuesday rolled around we were already on the road -- hundreds of miles from my craft room! So, this is what I shared-- just a colored up creation using Power Poppy's digital stamp set Juicy Strawberries!  


Well, it's amazing what a difference a few days makes! I grabbed some spunky red and green decorative paper and went... to... TOWN! ;-) Here's the result!


Just in case you wondered, I grabbed my Copic markers for this little number and reached for YG03, YG17 and YG67 for the go-go greens! I used Y13 and Y35 for the electric yellows and then reached for R20, R32, R27 and R29 for the firecracker red strawberries! As you can see, I accented with some white gel pen and then highlighted my image with Y00 and YG0000 just to add a bit of glow! I also used some different card making dies to pull off this card layout for a super bright and perky creation designed to share some love with a friend!

Here's another little closeup for you!



I hope you play along and see where this trio of colors can take YOU! Once you do, be sure to click HERE and link up your creation so we can all see! ;-)


Until then, the Bloom Brigade is on standby, waiting to share some of their crafty goodness! Be sure to hop on over to these lovely ladies' blogs to see what they've been up to this week! I know you will leave their spaces inspired!


Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan

Thanks for stopping by and spending a bit of your day with me! See you back here soon!
~Julie


No comments: