Friday, April 28, 2017

Searchin' for the Mojo!

Hey peeps! It's Friday, which means the Power Poppy gals a.k.a. the Bloom Brigade are ready and raring to go for their Power Poppy Parade and today, I'm joining in on the fun!

I know more than a few of you know what it's like to sit back with plans to create, stare at the blank paper before you and come up empty. The mojo just doesn't want to flow. I was there this week and so I decided that I would grab a cuppa joe, turn to one of my favorite places -- PINTEREST -- and see if I couldn't look for someone else to help me spark that creativity. People, there is no shame in being inspired by others. I mean, isn't that why we are all here?

So, I found this blog post HERE from Olesya Kharkova, of Russia. Yes, I "traveled" five thousand miles for inspiration! ;-)

If you click on over to Olesya's post, you'll see that I pretty much CASE-d it, which means copy and steal everything. I loved the blue and pink combo, the splash of vellum, the white embossing -- I loved it all. So, I dug around my craft room for similar supplies and... here's "my take!"


So, as you can see above, this card is not really "my style" -- it was a bit of a stretch for me and that is exactly why I chose the card I did to CASE. I knew I had THIS stamp set -- Peony Muse by Power Poppy. And, I had the rest of the supplies, so all was good. The sentiment is a portion from the Sending Happy Wishes stamp that's a part of the Natural Beauties set. I just stamped, embossed on black and snipped that front portion off. 

Here's how I went about making it -- I stamped using Versamark Ink on white cardstock and then embossed with white detail powder. From there, I used my Distress Markers in Picked Raspberry and just scribbled the marker onto a palette and picked it up with my Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen. 

This was literally my color palette here! Acrylic Block - Check! Pink Marker - Check! Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Glitter Pen (Clear) - Check! 


And as you can see, the glitz shows when you move this card through the light. I have done this technique a few times -- you can see those cards HERE and HERE and I just love the results. It just gives the front of your card that extra "something" without being overwhelming. It's subtle flair! ;-)


From here, I took the cues from my inspiration card, cut out the vellum, and layered it pretty much just the same as Olesya did. I did add a few sequins and rhinestones instead of enamel dots-- mostly because my enamel dot stash is running a little low.

And that, my friends, is it! One way to have some fun, get that mojo a flowin' and be inspired by some of the absolutely fabulous designers out there on the web. Like I said, this one happened to live 5,000 miles away! What a BIG and yet small little crafting world we live in!

Speaking of inspiration from far and wide, it's time to turn things over to the Bloom Brigade for their weekly Friday parade! Pay them a visit, take in their artistic talents and then... be inspired!

Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker



Thanks for stopping by and spending a bit of your day with me! I'll see you all back here soon!
~Julie

No comments: