Friday, November 3, 2017

Fluttering Hues

Hello folks! It's Friday, which means it's time to show off a little Power Poppy goodness! I had some time to play and so, before I got rolling, I cued up the latest....


I love these figs Marcella photographed on one of her trips this summer to the Farmer's Market in her town of Webster Groves. So delightful in color and she swears they were just as delish! I must admit to a bit of a snafu. When I looked at these hues on my phone screen, they looked far more purple. So, please excuse the lack of plum and the more purple flair! When I took a photo and popped this into my blog post, I shrieked! How could I have been THAT off! Oh well, such is life, right?


I had printed off the Power Poppy digi Sunset Sway months ago and never took the time to color it up! That's just plain wrong, isn't it!  After printing, I reached into my trusty bag of Copic Markers and these are the colors I grabbed!


Because this is a little larger of an image, I wanted to make sure it took center stage on my creation. So, I left the layout rather simple -- pairing up a few different, yet coordinating kinds of decorative paper, adding the sentiment from Easy Breezy Coneflower, and then accenting with some natural twine and a greenish yellow button!

Here's a little closeup for you! You can see that I did accent parts of this image with some of my favorite white gel pen!


And that, my friends is it! I hope you take some time to play along with Hues to Use before next Tuesday hits and we unveil a brand new color scheme. Keep in mind, however, if you don't play along this week, you can always visit HERE and go through all of our Hues to Use archives to play along in weeks or even months past! It's a never-ending linky, which means there's no timeline to play! :-)

Speaking of playing, the fabulous Cindy Lawrence is hosting a brand new Power & Spark Challenge which kicked off TODAY over at the Power Poppy Blog HERE! But, before you go hopping, here's a little peek at the challenge!


I will let you click on the link above to read all about the challenge! Yes, I will just tease you like that! I hope you check it out -- there's a $50 shopping spree on the line! And if you're in the mood to hop, I know these fine ladies below would love to show off some of what they've worked on this week!




Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing a bit of your day with me! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you back here soon!

~Julie

1 comment:

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.