Friday, June 2, 2017

Let Your Creativity Soar!

Hello folks and Happiest of Fridays to YOU! Are you ready to take flight with a brand spankin' new challenge designed just for Power Poppy Creative PEEPS? Well, being that it is a new month, there's a new Power & Spark Challenge and this one already earned its wings! Yours truly is the hostess this month so I invite to take a creative step back and... check it out!


HOW TO PLAY: This little challenge has us in search of digital and polymer winged creatures to help our creations soar! For our Junebug Challenge, all you need to do is use a 'bug' on your card! Just that simple -- ladybug, buzzy little bumble, beautiful butterfly, it's up to you!  You'll have to click on over HERE to see the official rules! I've also rounded up a fun little list of all the fabulous winged wonders in the Power Poppy Stamp Set arsenal that you can easily grab to get in on this challenge action! 

On to my creation! I had this digital stamp set  -- Climbing Clematis -- printed and ready to go and had it laying on a stack just waiting to be colored so I thought -- no time like the present! 


This card is really pretty easy peasy! I used die cut shapes to get literally every cut. The sentiment is also from the Climbing Clematis digital stamp set and the paper is a mix of Stampin' Up and some scraps from my decorative paper bin. I had a blast coloring this image and really love the vibrant colors. I used my Copic markers, of course, and reached for B60, B63, B66, RV00, G20, G21, G24 and G28. The butterfly was colored with Y35, YR04 and YR07. The whole image was highlighted thanks to RV0000 and R00. Then, when all was said and done, I did accent the little fluttering butterfly with some white gel pen and some sparkle gel pen as well! 

Here's a close up for y'all!


And that, my friends, is it! I almost forgot to mention -- if you play along and are the lucky winner for the Power Poppy drawing, you win a.....


$50 SHOPPING SPREE
AT THE POWER POPPY SHOP! WOOT WOOT!


Isn't that fabulous? You'll need to get those fingers inky and join me in the fun!

I will add -- there's so much going on at the Power Poppy Shop this weekend that you just might need to buckle yourself in for a few days! First up, if you missed the Good Vibe 5 for this week, just click HERE to see ALL the ab fab inspiration that Marcella has rounded up for you! It's a post that is always BIG on the warm fuzzies! And then, mark your calendar for next Monday, June 5th. That oh-so-special day just so happens to be Ms. Marcella's BIRTHDAY! And boy does she have a digital party planned! Look for a sprinkling of new sprouts in the Instant Garden, ready to download, print and create with! I CANNOT WAIT! Can you?

See you back here real soon!
~Julie

No comments: