Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A Little Birthday SURPRISE!

Hello all and Happy Tuesday! Do we have a special surprise! Do you know....

WHO'S SASSY AND SPECIAL AND FABULOUS AND 50???

Well, I happen to know it's the creative and talented Ms. Rhea Weigand! To help her celebrate, Power Poppy is honoring this oh-so-special day with a special birthday digi in honor of the birthday girl's special day! Say hello to......


Isn't this just as lovely as the lady of the hour? Orchid Dreams comes not only with a beautifully scripted sentiment but a book with an island spin since one of Rhea's favorite places on earth just so happens to be Hawaii!  And, we've also been told that she's apparently prone to misplacing her glasses, so what a fitting and fun way to celebrate her! ;-) This little digi will be in the shop for $3 this week only. After that, it will stay in the shop but will be $5. So, get this beauty at a bargain now! 

On to my celebratory creation!


Recently, one of my stamping friends Nancy Sheads gave me some tips and tricks on how to print and cut images using the Silhouette Cameo. Well, after she shared, I couldn't help but give it a try! Don't worry, a little birdie told me that Nancy is prepping a tutorial for the Power Poppy Blog to share these tips with everyone so -- stay tuned! 

After the Orchid Dreams image was print and cut, I used Copic markers to color this image up! I used R81, R83, R85, RV00, G20, G21, G24, G28, E09, YR24, YR01, E31, and E33. After it was all colored up, I used some Stampin' Up decorative paper to mat it all up! Add some gold cording and a little pink button and.. done! Here's a close up for you! 


And here's a peek at the "dreamy" sentiment!



I happen to know that I am not -- by far-- the only one lighting the candles and cueing up the music to help Rhea celebrate! First up, be sure to share birthday wishes and see all the fun happening over at the Passionate Paper Creations and Friends Facebook Page HERE! And while you're hopping, I know these ladies below have some fun birthday creations to share as well!

Allison Cope
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Barb Walker
Nancy Sheads
Jessie Banks

And be sure to pop into the Power Poppy Blog to see what Marcella created using this new illustration! Thanks for stopping by!

  HAPPY 50TH RHEA!! May you have the absolute best day ever and CHEERS to an even more blessed and beautiful year ahead! 

~Julie

4 comments:

Rhea Weigand said...

Oh Julie, this is amazing and so beautiful. Yes, I loose my glasses all the time and then I can not see to find them...lol. Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, those Orchids are gorgeous! Love your design!

Camille Short said...

Love your colors. The bright flowers totally transform the card.

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, what a gorgeous card, and I LOVE your orchid! And how exciting that you used Nancy's tutorial and used your Silhouette - yay! I love the great DP you've used and layout, and what a beautifully colored orchid plant! Love it, my friend! Hugs!